Heros severus aka "Red Tiger Severum" aka "Rio Curare" from Wetspot?

Mira

Feeder Fish
May 28, 2016
Well, I managed to obtain one 'ok' picture. My tank thought it was feeding time and went into a bit of a frenzy. I can try to get some better pictures tomorrow if need be. I did find some early pictures, but they were taken with my phone and not very good quality. Still, I will post them as you can somewhat see how they began. Red F1 Today.JPG Red march.jpg Red march2.jpg

Mira

Feeder Fish
May 28, 2016
The other one took much longer to recover from some weird sickness they all had after i got them and is only about half the size of this one. Also, the other only has the correct seventh half bar on one side. All things considering, he is starting to get the same looking coloration as his "bigger brother"

Judyok

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Oklahoma
I purchased 5 of them from Wet Spot. Four have the correct stripes with the seventh bar 1/2 way up one looks different as far as stripes go. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one struggling with their health. I could not get them to eat a first and finally decided to treat with metronidazole. 2 treatments did the trick and they all are eating now, but I lost one. I wish I hadn't waited so long to treat them. Now they all have ich and I've begun a treatment for that 2 days ago. One is really struggling so I've isolated it from the other fish, we'll see. I can take photos, but mind you they all have ich right now so they're not a pretty sight, but I can show you their stripping if you would like to see it.

Reactions: peathenster

peathenster

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2008
Georgia, US
Sorry to hear that Judy and I hope they get well soon. Any progression pics you could post would be great. I'm mostly curious about the bar issue and how it relates to what the fish turn out to look like later.

Judyok

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Oklahoma
Sorry to hear that Judy and I hope they get well soon. Any progression pics you could post would be great. I'm mostly curious about the bar issue and how it relates to what the fish turn out to look like later.
Well this is my first attempt at posting photos on the forum. Let's see how it goes. The poor things make me want to scratch just looking at them. The third pick is of the one with the odd stripes.red tiger 019.JPG red tiger 013.JPG red tiger 009.JPG

Judyok

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Oklahoma
I've had them just about a month now. Even though they look a mess their behavior has much improved. They are even eating some of the moss as well as their own food. Never thought I would be glad to see the plants get eaten, but I know that's part of their normal behavior and I'm happy to see it.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
that is weird that the stripe is in the middle, instead of on the seventh bar. what does everyone think on these? hybrids of some sort?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store