Dumb newbie question

cambrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Australia
I am not new to fish keeping but have no idea on plants. I have tried to research it but I just want a definitive answer as to where the plant in the picture is a proper aquatic plant or just a temporary one. Thanks

DSC01772.JPG

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
To me it looks like a Java fern. Arrowheads have heart shaped leaves. Does it have a rhizome? If it does it should not be buried under the substrate. It needs a little flow around the rhizome. That is... If it is indeed a Java fern, which is fully aquatic and pretty easy. Looks like a Java fern to me though.

cambrew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2013
Australia
No rhizome. Each leaf and stem in separate to the rest and just tied together with a tie wire. I didn't mean to get this specific plant which is annoying. The person working at the pet shop grabbed the wrong plant without me noticing which in turn resulted in me paying way to much for it as well.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
No rhizome. Each leaf and stem in separate to the rest and just tied together with a tie wire. I didn't mean to get this specific plant which is annoying. The person working at the pet shop grabbed the wrong plant without me noticing which in turn resulted in me paying way to much for it as well.
Still looks like Java fern to me.

image.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store