Planted plus 24/7 opinions?

Dustin0413

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2016
Just curious, I searched the forums and didn't find a whole lot about the longevity or if any long term owners are happy with them or had any problems or failures of the fixtures. I've been searching for two 36" led fixtures for one of my 125's and planted plus 24/7 seems like the best value. I'm also open to any other suggestions on brands etc.

Thanks!

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I have two 36" and I have had no problems with them. One controller will work for both lights, which I really like. I love the fact that I never have to turn them off because of the night time cycle, which makes it a very dim purple, but better than no lights. This is also a plus because of my bgk. Since its nocturnal, and the lights recreate night light, I know when to go downstairs to watch it. They are also pretty bright. I would completely recommend them. I've had these lights for about 6-8 months now.

Reactions: Dustin0413

Dustin0413

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2016
I have two 36" and I have had no problems with them. One controller will work for both lights, which I really like. I love the fact that I never have to turn them off because of the night time cycle, which makes it a very dim purple, but better than no lights. This is also a plus because of my bgk. Since its nocturnal, and the lights recreate night light, I know when to go downstairs to watch it. They are also pretty bright. I would completely recommend them. I've had these lights for about 6-8 months now.
Just what I wanted to hear. I was also curious about one remote for two fixtures. Thanks!

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Just what I wanted to hear. I was also curious about one remote for two fixtures. Thanks!
If I couldn't use one remote for both lights I would be screwed. I just now found the second one after about 5 months.

Dustin0413

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2016
Yeah their website is vague. It doesn't say that they are link-able or one remote will work two fixtures. At least you have a backup remote now

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Yeah their website is vague. It doesn't say that they are link-able or one remote will work two fixtures. At least you have a backup remote now
When you get the lights there is a demo mode that you can use to see what they are like. If you can't wait I'm sure there are videos on youtube.

HybridHerp

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 18, 2012
New York
What are you using it for? If you're doing a planted tank that's going to be high tech I don't think its the strongest thing out there on its own, I also have it on a timer because I don't like the 24/7 setting for my tank since it only gives out the level of light I want from it for a very short period each day.
I'm using it alongside a 4 bulb t5ho on my 75 and I like it for that but I'd want at least 2 or three of them if I was just using them for my tank (its high tech, co2 injected, the whole 9 yards). It'd be a little thin to just have one row of them on a 125 and expect the whole thing to be densely planted (spread is okay but not the greatest)

Def Leppard Hysteria

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Omaha, NE
We are currently using 6 - Finnex Planted Plus 24/7 light fixtures on our tanks. We don't have any planted tanks, so I can't comment on how they work for planted aquaria, but we love the ramping up and down of the natural light cycle. And, if you want to put the fixture on full brightness or any other time of the day setting, it's just a click of the button away. When you want to go back to the setting you were on before, just hit the 24/7 button. Being an LED fixture, I'm sure they are going to last a really long time and they use next to nothing in wattage in comparison to the old tube style bulbs.

Dustin0413

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2016
The 125 these are going on will have African cichlids, so only small amount of java fern or moss at most. I love the blue actinic that I had on my cora life fixture, so I built a t-5 fixture to run a 48" actinic bulb in conjunction with the planted +'s. I like the moonlight feature of the 24-7, but if I really want to show off fish at night I like to run the actinic for a bit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store