Multitude of quick questions.

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
So lately I've been devoting so much time to my pandas that I've put some things I wanted to talk about on the back burner. So! In no specific order, here are some things I've wanted to pick your guys brains about.

-when will my red head geos turn red?
-why do some fish grow faster than their siblings given the same conditions?
-is there a good soft pellet you guys would recommend?
-I can't seem to get my temensis on pellets. Tried everything from the drop method stickied here, to 3 weeks of starvation. He will not eat pellets.
-any good method of artificially raising angel eggs? Last couple times I've tried using methelyne blue, eggs rotted.
-rate my angels! Maybe it's just me, but I think my guys are special. Would like to hear from some pros.
-Does this look like parasite poop? It coincides with me feeding bloodworms, and it doesn't look stringy, just white.

OK I think that covers it for now. Thanks in advance.

20160527_193410.jpg

20160522_154631.jpg

20160526_130401.jpg

1464403852842116000583.jpg

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
So lately I've been devoting so much time to my pandas that I've put some things I wanted to talk about on the back burner. So! In no specific order, here are some things I've wanted to pick your guys brains about.

-when will my red head geos turn red?
-why do some fish grow faster than their siblings given the same conditions?
-is there a good soft pellet you guys would recommend?
-I can't seem to get my temensis on pellets. Tried everything from the drop method stickied here, to 3 weeks of starvation. He will not eat pellets.
-any good method of artificially raising angel eggs? Last couple times I've tried using methelyne blue, eggs rotted.
-rate my angels! Maybe it's just me, but I think my guys are special. Would like to hear from some pros.
-Does this look like parasite poop? It coincides with me feeding bloodworms, and it doesn't look stringy, just white.

OK I think that covers it for now. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 1185194

View attachment 1185195

View attachment 1185196

View attachment 1185197
Question #2 = genetics, dominance, food intake, sex, temperature, metabolism .....possibly more
Question #4 = Are there any tankmates that your Temensis could share a tank in which he would learn from the others to eat pellets?
Question #6 = the Angels look great....though I hear "keeping them alive" is quite a commendable task, but I don't know personally.....never owned 'em.
Questions #1, #3, #5, & #7 I don't know enough to give a useful answer, but the white poo could just be exoskeleton, chitin or other external body covering from prey items...maybe even calcium.....I hope lol I have no idea otherwise, it's just a guess. A parasite clear treatment wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea if you are concerned, I found Paraguard to be very gentle on my fish, and is fairly broad spectrum, but Polyguard might be more direct and Wailua Boy Wailua Boy said it has stronger antibacterial properties

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
Thanks frank. The tem shares a tank with a mono that eats pellets. Pike that eat pellets. Every other fish. Just not him.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Use an airstone to circulate water close to the eggs

Reactions: Beetlebug515
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store