Can Silver Arowana survive a 2 week without water change?

Can Silver Arowana survive a 2 week without water change?

• Yes

Votes: 21 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brix Pacis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2016
Hi good day fellow fish keepers.,can silver arowana survive a two week of no water change? cuz i will going to take vacantion with my family. i have a top filter used as a filtration. plus no one will be left in my house. can he survive? my aro live in 250 gallon tank.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Unless he is a baby... I'm sure he will be fine. If you have somebody feeding him feed him lightly. Maybe twice a week or even once a week. So short answer... Yes.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I suggest that you set feeder for low out put, and personally I would add a sponge filter for extra bio-filtration. The aquarium water is going to evaporate if you didn't know that already. Would not advise leaving longer than 2 weeks.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I have left my fish for a month without a problem. If the tank is lightly stocked it will be fine.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Agreed with previous posts.I have gone away on two weeks vacation and came back to little to no issues...needless to say I woried about my fish the whole time.

Reactions: tlindsey

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
As you may know, it also depends on the stock you have in there w/the aro and what your water parameters could end up to be with two weeks of no WC.

Having said this, I agree with others. For reference, I have ~10-11" Lei lightly stocked in a size tank close to yours. My WC is done every month. I think you will be fine.

Reactions: Brix Pacis

Demon012

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 7, 2016
uk
Hi good day fellow fish keepers.,can silver arowana survive a two week of no water change? cuz i will going to take vacantion with my family. i have a top filter used as a filtration. plus no one will be left in my house. can he survive? my aro live in 250 gallon tank.

He will be fine, reduce the feeding by 50% and make sure you do the water change before you go away,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store