water changes just became more difficult

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
You could get one of those large trash cans from Lowes or Home Depot and fill it up with water outside, add prime, bring it inside and use a pitcher to transfer the water. It works for me, but i have coldwater fish.
I have reinstalled the sink in the kitchen for now. Hoping that in the long run I will only be a couple weeks without water in the kitchen. I plan on running the garden hose into the house to fill up Rubbermaid totes and let them sit overnight to get up to temp. Then use a pump hooked to a hose to fill up the tank. Using a pitcher would take me all day lol. I have a heavily stocked 150 gallon with a 40 gallon sump. I typically do about 100+ gallon water change a week.

Reactions: CarpCharacin

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Probably should've been more clear in the first post. Just redoing the kitchen. But that's my water source for my tank.
Lol yeah I figured that....just thought I'd throw in a joke.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Told my wife I was going to turn it into a gym room. That went over about as well as trying to sell the idea of a fish room lol
I bet it did.When we redid our kitchen it seemed like every trip to HD resulted in the wife changing her mind about one thing and wanting another.

slippery slimecoat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2012
New York
I bet it did.When we redid our kitchen it seemed like every trip to HD resulted in the wife changing her mind about one thing and wanting another.
Luckily most of our big items have been bought so there's not much of that happening now. We just spent $10,000 at Lowe's last night and walked out with nothing but a folder full of paperwork lol

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Luckily most of our big items have been bought so there's not much of that happening now. We just spent $10,000 at Lowe's last night and walked out with nothing but a folder full of paperwork lol
Sounds you guys are putting together a pretty nice cooking room that I wouldn't mind seeing once finished....post photos if you please.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store