Internal parasites

Justin David

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2011
Syosset
I think that my new chinise high fin loaches and electric blue longfin balloon rams have internal parasites. All their poop is clear colored and i bought them all from the same place. Should i wait to treat them to male sure they have parasites? How would i tell for sure? Or start treatment now. What would be best to use to treat loaches and rams? Thanks

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I think that my new chinise high fin loaches and electric blue longfin balloon rams have internal parasites. All their poop is clear colored and i bought them all from the same place. Should i wait to treat them to male sure they have parasites? How would i tell for sure? Or start treatment now. What would be best to use to treat loaches and rams? Thanks

Charney Charney
Aquanero Aquanero

Justin David

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2011
Syosset
Thanks tlindsey tlindsey

Oddball Oddball

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The poop is based on what they are eating. old caught fish are at risk.

White and stringy poop are a sign. So is lack of weight gain and appetite. Sunken in bellies.

So would treat with prazi pro and metro in a qt tank. Plus medicated food. Salt dips help. That should cover you and see what the pros say.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
the only way to know for sure is to see worms or to examine a stool sample under the microscope for worms. prazi is a good general dewormer. It doesn't get everything but it gets a lot.

lightsout

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Amazon
Dont mean to highjack. But whats a better solution than prazipro? Ive always used prazipro for my fish but for some reason my 7" fahaka still has stringy poop. Treated him 3-4 different times since he was 1".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store