Triangular Tank questions.

Teke left

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2015
So im considering building a tank for a corner, the questions I have is should I try to make it just a triangle or more of a pentagon? Also how would I know the angles to get the glass / acrylic cut to? as well as what length i would make the 3 viewing panels? I am also clueless of how I would make a frame for it. another question is would it be easier or more cost efficient to use plywood for the sides in the corner? I want the Length & Width to be 48x48. Any and all input would be appreciated.

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
A square + B square = C square. Divide by the square root of your answer will give you the length of your front panel. Then you have to put the angels on the side pics of glass . That is a straight triangle tank. What would you prefer to do

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I've seen triangle tanks, but not at especially large volumes; I'm no expert but I'd be concerned about the angles at each point, silicone integrity etc, perhaps this is a moot point.

I'd feel safer doing the pentagon like you mentioned

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
I like these for a corner tank vs. the traditional triangle (I think the're ugly) or the traditional hex shape. Check it out.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
I've seen triangle tanks, but not at especially large volumes; I'm no expert but I'd be concerned about the angles at each point, silicone integrity etc, perhaps this is a moot point.

I'd feel safer doing the pentagon like you mentioned
I agree but what you need to figure out first is the main triangle which I did and go from there right

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store