Plumbing in a sump...on a custom brick stand.

Abyss

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
UK
Hi,

So I'm in the planning stages of my big tank at the moment. It will be 108" x 28" x 27".

It will be an in wall type build.

The tank will have 2 weirs. Both weirs will obviously have an outflow, and one will have a return as well. These holes will be in the base of the tank.

The stand we are building ourselves.

The plan was to use brickwork/building blocks at each end and the back, with a column or 2 in the middle. With a piece of thick marine plywood on top.

So I just need a little help understanding how to construct this stand, leaving space for the holes/pipework. Do I literally need to cut a gap in the wood that goes over the top of the bricks? I am worried about the width of the bricks being too wide. What exactly need to be supported in the tank? The entire base, or just all around the edges?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

BMac91

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Alabama
Where the supports need to be differ for glass vs acrylic, so which will the tank be built from?
How the plumbing will be run also depends, will this have internal overflows with plumbing coming out the bottom of the tank or will it have plumbing coming out the back?

Abyss

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
UK
It's a 12mm glass tank. The weirs will have holes in the base of the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store