Any Goldfish lovers?

Bobbybillymike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2016
Richmond
My next tank is definitely going to be a fancy goldfish tank. They remind me of pugs. Plus, saving a few from a bowl life would feel pretty good!

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Have a 50 planted with hornwort just floating around with 2 shubunkins and a bristlenose pleco Love this tank more than my red devil tank.

therue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2016
Taipei, TW

my god, this video really puts things into perspective. How big do you guys think that tank is? 150 gallon? 200 gallon? and it seems only barely enough as a temporary holding tank for him.

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
I wonder if anybody makes a 30+ gallon glass bowl? That'd be a big bowl, but it would probably look really, really cool if it was scaped nicely, and you could actually keep things in it! Plus, I doubt a fancy goldfish would be all that likely to jump out of an open-topped bowl. I'm not sure fancy goldfish can even jump.

I wonder if anybody makes a 30+ gallon glass bowl? That'd be a big bowl, but it would probably look really, really cool if it was scaped nicely, and you could actually keep things in it! Plus, I doubt a fancy goldfish would be all that likely to jump out of an open-topped bowl. I'm not sure fancy goldfish can even jump.
Problem is traditional bowls from our youth offer few if any filtration options. Plus, they narrow at the top which is a big no-no for proper surface area and gas exchange. So even a 100 gallon bowl would be vastly hampered from the start compared to a 100 gallon tank. Unless that bowl was a 100 gallon bowl shaped like a salad bowl, and you plumbed in a filtration system. That would work. But that's a lot of trouble to go the "bowl route". :)

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
+1

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store