Upgrading tank size advise.

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
I moved my tank. Took me 6 hours. Put fish in a tub, kept the filters wet and used all fresh water. Everything was fine. Aslong as your filters stay wet not much can go wrong. Just my opinion though :)

Reactions: Brittanirdh

MonsterFishCreeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2015
Md
I moved my tank. Took me 6 hours. Put fish in a tub, kept the filters wet and used all fresh water. Everything was fine. Aslong as your filters stay wet not much can go wrong. Just my opinion though :)
Nope your spot on. The bacteria can do fine wet for a few hours. Just make sure to keep them wet with tank water or conditioned tap water. The BB can be killed by chlorinated tap water.

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
Nope your spot on. The bacteria can do fine wet for a few hours. Just make sure to keep them wet with tank water or conditioned tap water. The BB can be killed by chlorinated tap water.
I only know because I got advice on this site myself before I moved the tank haha

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia

Stedz2121

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
Ye if u can do that but wouldn't worry about keeping the water. Just like doing a large water change fish might love it :)

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I'd have to go with the SunSun as a good choice in filter. They are a knock off brand and the flow rate is a little low, but they still flow plenty and have been getting lots of great reviews, both on the forums and on Amazon.

I have one and even though I've only had it for a few months, I am really happy with it so far.

Reactions: Brittanirdh

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I'd have to go with the SunSun as a good choice in filter. They are a knock off brand and the flow rate is a little low, but they still flow plenty and have been getting lots of great reviews, both on the forums and on Amazon.

I have one and even though I've only had it for a few months, I am really happy with it so far.
I didn't think they had such a positive reputation. I only provided a story that I've heard in person, but I've had no experience with them. If that's the case I would get one but the next tank I plan on getting already has a filter built in.

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
If you are looking at canisters, I was considering using two Hydors for my new 125 before I decided to build a custom wet/dry sump. Hydor makes nice stuff.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
If you are looking at canisters, I was considering using two Hydors for my new 125 before I decided to build a custom wet/dry sump. Hydor makes nice stuff.
Aren't they like... More expensive than eheims?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store