Fish Story Aquarium and Rescue, Naples, FL; two 4500 gal 13'x13'x4.5'

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Epic setup. I've watched the video numerous times and can't get tired of it.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Wow man

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt That is probably the most blindingly-dazzling and undeserving compliment I've ever received in my 44 years on earth!! You coming from Down Under just for my wretch of a project? :) A marvel that eclipses all USA has to offer, like Great Canyon and Georgia Aquarium hahaha But in the name of not hurting your feelings I'll take it, M'am. Appreciate it!
What makes this more amazing than everything else you mentioned is that you're just an "average Joe" who's been able to achieve (what I'm sure is) every fish keepers dream. Its truly inspirational to the average hobbiest what you've done here, and thats what makes it worth seeing above a hole in the ground or a government/billionaire funded aquarium imo. :D

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Your kindness and support are much appreciated on our end. Thank you!

Update Aug 30 2016

Five videos. SJCAM5000X.

-- Alleged Brachyplatystoma vaillantii ~8", from Wesley Wong of Rare Fish, Los Angeles, CA; wild caught by Wes' fisherman in Suriname; unsure of the species ID, might be something else; prefers cheap catfish farm pellets to silversides, etc.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Giraffe catfish named Happy, donated by Kevin Podgorsky (aka beetlebug515 on MFK), San Diego, CA ~10"-11"; update for Kevin, Paige, and the kids; sold as occidentalis but time should clarify that, unless the genus is still in limbo... The tail fin is a bit tattered, IDK by who but no biggie. Never seen any other damage on Happy.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Three mahseer - two Thai gold mahseer ~10"-12" and one blue mahseer N. stracheyi ~12"+, and two cigar barbs ~14" from Ivan (aka Aw3som3 on MFK), Los Angeles, CA; update for Ivan.

Feeding Tank 21 ("peaceful community and grow out). Fish are taken aback a bit by too much light.

Feeding Tank 22 (aggressive community):

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Great update, love the feeding vids, at 21 seconds on the aggressive comm feeding it was cool how both the jau cats were up and split at the same time lol love those cats, they're like an all black rtc, they have a similar stocky body though not as thick and their fins may be more pointed, but I like that more anyway lol.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Looking great!

Beetlebug515

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2015
Thanks so much for the update Viktor! It looks like he's doing just fine. Paige Paige was tickled to see the giraffe again. Looks like a guppy compared to the niger cats. Your stock looks amazing.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Makes me want to throw in the towel lol... blown away every time i see these tanks.. and theres 20+ more in the shadows :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store