Advice for a shark or ray newbie

pseudechisbutleri

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2016
Perth, Western Australia
I would recommend keep up with the research until you cover all bases such as proper aquarium size, filtration, and foods. I never had ray's but had raised Bamboo, and Marbled catsharks which are probably suggest someone with intermediate experience with Saltwater fish keeping to take the step in shark's or ray's. The Bamboo catsharks and Marbled catsharks imo were the easiest to keep because of their size, and hardiness. :)
What species are you talking about when you say Marbled Catshark? There are two species commonly called Marbled Catshark.

Thanks

dallen2233

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2015
Texas
How about if I'm away for vacation?
I have someone feed them every 3 days or so and to check on the tank itself. I leave a bag of chopped food in the fridge and put how every many in the freezer so they can put one in the fridge for the next visit.

Reactions: tlindsey

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Thanks for the help, I'll continue my research. In regards to aquarium size, would a circular aquaculture tank, around 240 centimetres or 8 feet in diameter and 90 centimetres or 3 feet in depth, be enough for a bamboo or marbled catshark?

Thanks
That would be also good for port jackson/other large benthic sharks that grow up to five feet. The most active shark you could healthily fit in that would be a white tip reef shark, which might be interesting. That tank could fit 10s of catsharks, let alone one or two.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store