Frozen bichirs

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
Freezing them is a way to preserve them after death. If you'd ever consider stuffing them you would want to freeze them immediately. Better to freeze them and be able to taxoderm than lose a prize fished forever, maybe.
Yeah makes sense. My polys are newer for me, but I can see wanting to get my big cats stuffed when they go.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Yeah makes sense. My polys are newer for me, but I can see wanting to get my big cats stuffed when they go.
You lose nothing but a bag by freezing them too. If you freeze them and decide against its not a huge deal. Ive frozen zero of my fish though.

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Froze them because the endli has a difformity and the other was a endli ansorgii hybrid with I deformed head and I wanted to get the skeletons to see how it was deformed and the pbb I froze was biggest bichir I ever had so I wanted to get the whole skeleton of it set up in a glass case

Brent419

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2014
Toledo OH
Hmm.. Makes more sense now. I would no longer be married if my wife found that in the freezer but I get it now. How much would getting that thing stuffed by a taxidermist cost? Can't say I ever thought of doing that but sounds pretty cool! A display of stuffed fish would really cut back on the water changes eh?

Reactions: kno4te

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Hmm.. Makes more sense now. I would no longer be married if my wife found that in the freezer but I get it now. How much would getting that thing stuffed by a taxidermist cost? Can't say I ever thought of doing that but sounds pretty cool! A display of stuffed fish would really cut back on the water changes eh?
+1 on not being married, lolz

arowanaman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Vandergrift, PA
Place around here keeps those bone cleaning Beatles. Toss in the animal wait three days....
Would make a nice display!

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
Place around here keeps those bone cleaning Beatles. Toss in the animal wait three days....
Would make a nice display!
That was the route I was thinking something that would literally eat everything but the bones.... I wasn't gonna get em taxadormied " I'm sure I nurtured that word lol" cause they r to small I feel I would only get one stuffed that is huge over 24" ..... I'm just really curious to see the diformities of the 2 and would love to have the skeleton displayed of my first real big bichir plus it was a pbb haha I do still plan on doing it now that I remember they r in there lol

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store