Imperial Line Festae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
If he does not want people to comment on his fish or the name he has given them then don't post them on this forum, and I wasn't nasty about his fish. The other thing wrong with society is you cannot disagree with anyone these days with out somebody getting all worked up
Well put.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I think the problem with the fancy name is people may think they are buying something extra special. All it is is a festae.
The name could be a bit misleading.

Reactions: dan518

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I think the problem with the fancy name is people may think they are buying something extra special. All it is is a festae.
The name could be a bit misleading.
Great example of Caveat Emptor. Proper research is needed to give buyers the knowledge of what they're plunking down their hard-earned money towards.

Reactions: fishfanatic80

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
The other thing wrong with society is you cannot disagree with anyone these days with out somebody getting all worked up
Excellent point.

Great example of Caveat Emptor. Proper research is needed to give buyers the knowledge of what they're plunking down their hard-earned money towards.
Yep. So, how about it? Where can I get some more detail about the history of OP's breeding program? Because I'm very interested in some Festae, I don't think I can just go order a bunch of WC Festae, and details and pics of the fish in the line would be greatly appreciated.

Because, when you buy dogs with pedigree, what you get is generations of information about the registered ancestors of the dog you're buying. I can see pictures, meet owners, get medical information about genetic conditions like hip dysplasia, look up field trial results, and talk to people who have hunted with ancestors of the pups I'm looking to buy. These are the things that establish "pedigree" for duck dogs in South Louisiana. And that's what makes a $400 pup worth $5000-$10,000.

For fish, I'd think collection point of the WC ancestor, where it was bought/imported from, importation paperwork, pics at adulthood of several generations of the line, something similar for the CB ancestors, would be germane. Also, info about the breeding project would be good, too--how long, how many fry were sold how often, introduction of new blood into the line, where from, pics and descriptions of the breeding facilities. I'd think all of this info would establish something like "pedigree" for fish from a specialized breeder of a species? It would make a fish more valuable to me, especially if I wanted to buy enough to have my own breeding pair and keep generations of the fish for years.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
if I get two ugly F1s cause all the pretty ones were bought, then bred them and sold all my F2 fry there will be a noticeable downward shift in qualoty
THIS helps a lot. I can see where there'd be a BIG difference between some guy in my hometown who dropped off 100 fry at the LFS from a pair he has at his house, and a "reputable breeder" on line with big enough tanks/vats/facilities to hatch and grow a couple hundred fry, and let pairs form naturally in a setting where there are hundreds of prospects to choose from. The fish themselves would choose the best mates.

donk232

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2011
fl
If he does not want people to comment on his fish or the name he has given them then don't post them on this forum, and I wasn't nasty about his fish. The other thing wrong with society is you cannot disagree with anyone these days with out somebody getting all worked up
Says the guy all worked up because you think I'm talking about you... I'm all sorts of confused now.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
You guys want to know what Imperial Line is.
It's a collaborative effort of Wccu! Umbeeking,myself , David Marinello efforts development of a strain that now haa newly introduced wild blood. Shout out to Umbeeking, David and Wccu for the project!
But what's your ultimate goal for this line what differences are you aiming for over a normal festae

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Basically we have been told who is involved with breeding the fish.
I can see no distinctive characteristics to separate these fish from any other festae.
They look like very nice festae,granted.
Do they really warrant a new title other than festae?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store