Pretty Fly For a Butterfly

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Found this little guy in a lfs tank while I was on a weekend trip to Chicago and decided to pick him up.image.jpeg

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Very nice pearlscale butterfly, I love butterflies but unfortunately many of them aren't reef safe. I'm assuming your adding him to your fowlr set up. Nice pick up bro. Hopefully he's already eating good, a lot of times they're picky especially under the stress of a new home. My favorite butterfly is the saddleback. What other fish do you own?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
What shop in Chicago?
Beyond the reef. I stopped at tropi-aquatics but there wasn't anyone interested in doing any but standing behind the counter on their phones.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Very nice pearlscale butterfly, I love butterflies but unfortunately many of them aren't reef safe. I'm assuming your adding him to your fowlr set up. Nice pick up bro. Hopefully he's already eating good, a lot of times they're picky especially under the stress of a new home. My favorite butterfly is the saddleback. What other fish do you own?
He ate some formula two last night and he's been taking turns with the kole tang on the grazing clip. Currently it's just him, a kole and a six line.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Oh that's great, eating seaweed will promote his immune system as well. I'm sure he'd wolf down mysis shrimp. Do you have any corals in the tank or are you just going fish only? You've got a good bunch so far. You could probably try a foxface or rabbit fish, trigger, puffer, blenny and hawkfish still. Tons of options for you out there

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Beyond the reef. I stopped at tropi-aquatics but there wasn't anyone interested in doing any but standing behind the counter on their phones.
That happens at times in Lombard! I know a guy there personally he texts me new and cool cichlids and etc.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Oh that's great, eating seaweed will promote his immune system as well. I'm sure he'd wolf down mysis shrimp. Do you have any corals in the tank or are you just going fish only? You've got a good bunch so far. You could probably try a foxface or rabbit fish, trigger, puffer, blenny and hawkfish still. Tons of options for you out there
I had a few juvie large Angels (emporer, blue griddle, and blue face), a few tangs(yellow, powder blue, and blue hippo), small Angels (flame and bicolor) and a few other species( bicolor goatfish, diamond goby, raccoon butterfly, various anthias, and porcupine puffer).

I have a 14 gallon biocube "reef" but don't think I'm going to try corals because I have a few more fish that are probably not going to be too reef safe.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
That happens at times in Lombard! I know a guy there personally he texts me new and cool cichlids and etc.
Interesting little store with some nice stock that I would have bought but nobody wanted to help me so I went elsewhere.

I should say that there was an older guy who was freshwater dipping fish in the Ray tank as he did waterchanges but he didn't seem to acknowledge that I was there.

Last edited:

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Interesting little store with some nice stock that I would have bought but nobody wanted to help me so I went elsewhere.

I should say that there was an older guy who was freshwater dipping fish in the Ray tank as he did waterchanges but he didn't seem to acknowledge that I was there.
Might be the owner and rude at times and those motoro rays are moosmj lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store