polypterus delhezi

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Freak78 - That's a beautiful endli! Was this purchased from a store or hobbyist?

She's got elegant looking markings with perfect finlets. Just in case your looking for a name the poly. ;-)

Last edited:

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 You guys are making the distinction because the endli is a lower jaw right? or are there other things too? I'm still new to polys so until I saw your posts I just accepted that it was a delhezi.

And aren't endli more expensive than delhezi? so those price estimates should go up a bit
If both polys are the same size. Captive bred are usually similar in price. If they are wild caught. Endlis are always much more in cost.

Here's a good post made by a mfk member a while back:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...tween-endlicheri-and-delhezi-polypterus.8825/

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
I got it from a family owned lfs store. I paid 69.99 for it. He's had it for about 2 weeks. I went there today to get a few maintenance items today and I couldn't pass it up. I will add it to my tank I'm setting up this fall for it. I'm wondering if this and a wolf fish can live in harmony given a big enough tank.

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
If both polys are the same size. Captive bred are usually similar in price. If they are wild caught. Endlis are always much more in cost.

Here's a good post made by a mfk member a while back:
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...tween-endlicheri-and-delhezi-polypterus.8825/
thanks, definitely a helpful thread. except for that one guy ripping on someone for being new to the genus haha. Never understand the posters that act like they were born with all the knowledge they have.

freak78 freak78 that's a really pretty fish. Can see why you couldn't pass it up, nice grab

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 You guys are making the distinction because the endli is a lower jaw right? or are there other things too? I'm still new to polys so until I saw your posts I just accepted that it was a delhezi.

And aren't endli more expensive than delhezi? so those price estimates should go up a bit
Its pretty easy to see a upper jaw between to a lower jaw. Here is my delhezi and endlicheri, and my palmas polli WC and my nigerian lapradei WC.
Delhazi CB
image.jpeg
Endlicheri CB
image.jpeg
Palmas polli WC
image.jpeg
Nigerian lapradei WC
image.jpeg
Just wanted to add the palmas and lapradei cause most of the lfs mislabel them,
Like when i got my lap, it was label as palmas polli.

Reactions: adr_93 and moe214

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
yeah when I look for it the jaw is pretty obvious, it ends up changing the whole shape of the head. btw, just ordered 2 more polys haha, went from none to 4 in less than a month

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
yeah when I look for it the jaw is pretty obvious, it ends up changing the whole shape of the head. btw, just ordered 2 more polys haha, went from none to 4 in less than a month
Yeah I'm really liking the polys. I must've stood and stared at this thing for 20 minutes then decide I had to have it.
Caution: polys can be addicting :eek:

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
The banding and eyes are different on the endli too

Nice endli freak

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
Yeah I'm really liking the polys. I must've stood and stared at this thing for 20 minutes then decide I had to have it.
haha yeah, that 20 minute delay gets shorter and shorter. you'll fall in love with your endli and a month from today he'll have 3 tankmates lol

Caution: polys can be addicting :eek:
I love all of my fish, and I definitely have a thing for catfish, but for some reason polys are really addictive. I'm not sure why but they stand out from other fish in terms of addiction

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store