Altums

rudy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
calgary
Thank you very much. I really appreciate that and will take some full tank pics. Tank is 72x48w by36t. 180 gallon sump with and 6gph drip. Fish are 8 Altums, 12 tiger Sd, 3 true P. Hystrix and on p. Henlei. All but the Henlei are wild caught. Also have a few plecos.

This is an amazing tank. Altums with m. Fasciatus and stingrays.

What conditions are you keeping them in?

Reactions: mrrobxc

babers

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
WI
Nice looking Altums.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Thank you very much. I really appreciate that and will take some full tank pics. Tank is 72x48w by36t. 180 gallon sump with and 6gph drip. Fish are 8 Altums, 12 tiger Sd, 3 true P. Hystrix and on p. Henlei. All but the Henlei are wild caught. Also have a few plecos.
Have you had any trouble with the Rays trying to eat the Altums? Also, at what size were the Altums when you first put them in with the stingrays.

rudy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
calgary
Have you had any trouble with the Rays trying to eat the Altums? Also, at what size were the Altums when you first put them in with the stingrays.
My altums were expensive... and I mean really expensive. They were probably 3-4 inches. I am convinced rays don't touch angels for some reason. It may be the body shape but every once in a while my rays will attack the SD however not once have they touched the Angels...Maybe just luck

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
My altums were expensive... and I mean really expensive. They were probably 3-4 inches. I am convinced rays don't touch angels for some reason. It may be the body shape but every once in a while my rays will attack the SD however not once have they touched the Angels...Maybe just luck
Mine were as well. I'd hate to lose them to predation. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store