Future pair!

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Maybe they laid eggs together before or someone told you they are a pair.

But they are not a pair if you have to separate them; they should be as one together. And Both look like males to me. If they have never had eggs to you, then I think both are males because I dont see any females but 2 males

rajzynger

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2007
South Florida
The flowerhorn in the second already laid eggs for me once. I have them separated briefly to get used to each other and because they are so young. Some pairs destroy each other and I would rather take my chances with transitioning them slowly then lose one or both.

Reactions: the animal guy

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
that's one masculine female. quite rare

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Really nice female! That male has a strange body shape? Wouldn't be my choice for a breeder male. Could be just the pic? Anyways goodluck!

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Really nice female! That male has a strange body shape? Wouldn't be my choice for a breeder male. Could be just the pic? Anyways goodluck!
because his back is straight tapered. No curve. But I wouldnt mind that because fry come out random

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
That male has a strange body shape? Wouldn't be my choice for a breeder male.
Good eye. It does have a strange front heavy tapered shape. The strange shape is even evident in the placement of the top flower row, you usually see them pretty much extend into the dorsal fin in a gently curved line above the lateral line, this one has a flower that starts high then steps down sharply.
No offense at all and still an interesting fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store