Live rock, to cure or not to cure?

Skaguy3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2015
I bought a box of live rock from my LFS about a month a ago. But I never got around to putting it in a tank full of water to cure it. It's just been sitting in the box on my front porch with no water for almost a month.
So my question is. Do I still need to cure it in saltwater for a few weeks? Or can I just add it to my tank as is? Since it's dry now I wasn't sure on this. Also I'll be adding to an established aquarium. It's a 40 gallon reef aquarium that has 2 clowns, a small yellow tang(yes I'm aware that it will out grow this tank), 1 flame angle, a couple shrimp and a cleaner wrasse. Also some pulsing xenia, a couple acans, a small Duncan, a few different kinds of zoanthids, some GSP and a hammerhead frog spawn. It already has about 20lbs of rock in it. I was only going to add about 8-10lbs more.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I know basicallu zip about saltwater tanks, but just curious to know what the tank looks like...

Sounds like a interesting stock list... Got any pics?

Skaguy3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2015
I know basicallu zip about saltwater tanks, but just curious to know what the tank looks like...

Sounds like a interesting stock list... Got any pics?
I can post some better ones later. That's all I had on my phone.

20160704_134855.jpg

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Actually a lot more bare than i expected... Always thought you needed a crap load of LR in FOWLR tank...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store