Alright who did it?

arowanaman85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Vandergrift, PA
Its ashame why people like that are the reason we have restrictions on certain fish in certain states
I know, I am too young to have ever got to keep snakehead, less i want to go to maryland and catch one or drive to Canada and buy one, but then risk getting a record. Its pretty humorous to me that possessing a fish can get you a record, like if the risk is letting them into the wild, shouldn't that be a crime, why is possessing it a crime.....guess its just another form of prohibition.

And the populations that are in Maryland, were not someone pets that were released, someone intentionally released breeding pairs in Maryland when the word of a ban started to circulate, makes sense as its suppose to be good eating.

Was suppose to go down a few weeks ago to try and catch some, but plans feel through, still very curious how good of an eat they are, considering what people risked to get a native population into maryland.

Other thing i have read, if you are at all familiar with Maryland they have health advisory against eating native fish more then 2x a month, or at all if you are pregnant, as it can cause cancer and birth defects, but that advisory does not apply to "invasive" snakehead as they grow too quickly to absorb the same toxins as native species.

The other interesting piece of information released recently, is even after a decade of cohabitation, snakehead have not had any impacts on the numbers of Bass or Bluegill as was stated in the reasoning for the ban, its just a bull **** prohibition.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
It would've died in a few months anyways when it got cold.

I've heard someone who caught an Oscar in a well known fishing pond lol

People do dump fish I've talked to them what they dumped. Usually it's fisherman who went to Lake Michigan and caught catfish and want to populate the pond but that's even illegal. Lol

Reactions: arowanaman85

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
In Arizona they had a piranha population for a few years but then we had a cold winter and they likely died but I would like to check it out the red bellies hung out with bluegills on the flats was cool to see, but they didn't cause any trouble

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
Years ago someone dumped a couple Pacu in a stream that runs along near our city. Some kid caught them and the news had a field day saying that piranhas were introduced into our local waterway. This in Syracuse, which gets record snowfall every year, but they talked it up like they were going to gain a foothold and be some sort of menace.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store