Post your Archer fish set ups

victor448

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
florida
I had two Toxotes Jaculatrix.Eventually went to a large display tank in a Vets office.Kept them in a 75 gallon bare bottom aquarium with several Plecos below which liked to hide under the sponge filters.The Archers were fine without cover.They liked the 200ppm plus hardness levels of the water ph around 7.4. With 50-75 percent water change per week. Mostly fed pellets floating or sinking on a daily basis supplementing them with crickets and other bugs I found around the yard away from pesticides. As you know these fish have remarkable vision and aim coupled with a larger than expected mouth. A recent study from Oxford Univ showed they are good at facial recognition as well distinguishing between human faces. A lot of complex behavior wrapped up in one fish.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009

Wow...looks great.

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
I had two Toxotes Jaculatrix.Eventually went to a large display tank in a Vets office.Kept them in a 75 gallon bare bottom aquarium with several Plecos below which liked to hide under the sponge filters.The Archers were fine without cover.They liked the 200ppm plus hardness levels of the water ph around 7.4. With 50-75 percent water change per week. Mostly fed pellets floating or sinking on a daily basis supplementing them with crickets and other bugs I found around the yard away from pesticides. As you know these fish have remarkable vision and aim coupled with a larger than expected mouth. A recent study from Oxford Univ showed they are good at facial recognition as well distinguishing between human faces. A lot of complex behavior wrapped up in one fish.
Thanks for the info. Mine will eat flake and learning to take pellets. But it's interesting to watch him hunt bugs. He's pretty outgoing and always comes over to me when I come up to the tank. Cool fish.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Thanks for the info. Mine will eat flake and learning to take pellets. But it's interesting to watch him hunt bugs. He's pretty outgoing and always comes over to me when I come up to the tank. Cool fish.
Now I want one... I guess I'll be needing another tank.

Reactions: jeaninel
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store