Help!!!

Pratosh

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2015
My arowana got badly bruised by a pleco yesterday..he is laying flat right now..I doubt I could save him..just one last try is out with u guys..please help..time running out..

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
need more infor.

how did it happened? any damage to the aro? tank size? tank mate etc...just for a quick help with out knowing your set up or history, I would separate them. If you dont have any extra tanks, divide them with divider for now until you give us some more detail.

Reactions: Pratosh

Pratosh

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2015
About 8 inches...his tail got totally eaten up...hv separated him in a 20 gallon

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
you got any pics? what tank size he in now? im surprise pleco would do anything to aro like that. you are talking about bottom and top fish. would like to see how bad is the tail, if it totally bad like you said then he could have serious problem swiming. or even survice.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
sorry with out any further detail i cant help you. normally when you get sick fish or damage fish is increasing water change and add aquarium salt to start off with. melafix will help wounded and damage fish. Again, read my post and answer question so we can guide you to the right direction.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
How is the Aro respiration is it rapid or slow? Use the advice Sticky gave you also leave Aro be it is very stressed out hopefully it recovers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store