New aquarium ideas?

Moef

Feeder Fish
Jul 25, 2016
I am getting ready to set up a new aquarium and wanted people opinions on what exotic fish i can legally have in Cali. I currently have an 80 gallon with fahaka puffer, african chiclids, and a balla shark. I was hoping to get something along the lines of Piranhas but was disappointed to find out i cant. new tank will be around 120 gallons any exotic fish you know of will be of great help. oh yea and Im only plannig to run freshwater or brackish. Thanks

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
If thats the case, then why not let us know the dimensions of the new tank you plan on setting up???

Coz as a past Fahaka owner, i can tell you almost anything you put in with your puffer is not going to end up in a good situation...

Moef

Feeder Fish
Jul 25, 2016
If thats the case, then why not let us know the dimensions of the new tank you plan on setting up???

Coz as a past Fahaka owner, i can tell you almost anything you put in with your puffer is not going to end up in a good situation...
dimensions would be 72L, 18 w, 22 h. and the fahaka would stay in a different tank by himself.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
With those dimensions you could go the Route of African Chiclids maybe???

Otherwise, could try for a smaller species of odd ball community maybe?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Your fahaka by himself is going to need that 120 .. ..get rid of all the other fish....move the fahak into the 120 and plan a stock for the 80

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store