KEEPING YOUR FAVORITE FISH

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
Here is my favourite fish, my Fahaka puffer called Stone cold. I wanted one for ages but couldn't fit the tank in my flat... So I bought a house and a 7fter... The reality is this is my favourite fish I can afford. Favourite fish I wish I could own is an arapima, but that's never going to happen.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
In all reality I'd LOVE to have a 50k tank for 1 or 2 red tail cats....I love those fish...they just have this quality about them and being a catfish keeper at heart that's my dream. Will it ever happen? Nope. lol Even if I could keep one for several years comfortably I'd never do it out of respect for the amazing creatures they are.

I used to be a completely north American native keeper. Loved my Esox species so I collected pickerel.

Now that I've owned a piranha and made his tank black water....I've started swinging over to the serra side of the hobby in my mind.

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
Like predator keeper I will never own my favorite which is also a red tail cat, and for the same reasons . However my second favorite fish since I first saw it has been a Delhzi and I got mine a couple months ago.

this is his full tank a couple months ago he moved in last weekend

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
In all reality I'd LOVE to have a 50k tank for 1 or 2 red tail cats....I love those fish...they just have this quality about them and being a catfish keeper at heart that's my dream. Will it ever happen? Nope. lol Even if I could keep one for several years comfortably I'd never do it out of respect for the amazing creatures they are.

I used to be a completely north American native keeper. Loved my Esox species so I collected pickerel.

Now that I've owned a piranha and made his tank black water....I've started swinging over to the serra side of the hobby in my mind.

I had that mind set about huge cats as well but if u think about it even with the huge quantities of rtc and tsn being sold. They will all have a better and healthier life with us mfk members then they would if the next 15 year old kid that walks into the store buys it and keeps it in a 75 its whole life.

They will never stop selling these fish so the way i see it is if any of us can at least house it for a while we should. Give it a better life then with a noob who would give it gill curl in less then a day lol

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
My favorite fish would have to be my Albino silurus Glanis. I have always been a catfish keeper at heart. From the time I got into the hobby my mind was set on monsters. I started my first big cat RTC in a 180 then quickly moved him into a 12 foot in diameter 3 foot deep pool in my garage where he got massive. Now I have since gotten the wels several years later. I plan to make him a nice big tank in the garage. But seeing that they grow about a foot a year on average I have a little bit of time to start saving. He is currently in a 110 gallon then will go into my 340 once his is a little larger then into a tank I will build or have made which can adequaely house him...if that does not happen quick enough I will have him in a 12ft diameter 3 ft deep pool temporarily until I can get the build done....I have crushed any future plans I had with the hobby (like cichlid breeding projects or having a rack system throughout the garage) to accommodate this fish, I plan to keep it for life. I really would like to see him hit a nice size. I may not have the nicest car or nicest name brand clothes or an IPhone lol but it just makes sense to put money where I am really interested. Anywas he is just 5 inches or so right now..
IMG_20160717_092714.jpg

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
That_fish_guy kudos for the commitment... But a wels!? That's the one that has grown to 12-15ft and anywhere between 120-300lbs in the Ebro river in Spain?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yes it is but those are monster size. They rarely reach 10ft in the wild

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store