Acrylic Buff Out

Razzo

Piranha
MFK Member
May 18, 2008
Northern Indiana
I have buffed and polished large acrylic tanks a couple times and both times I used Novus 123. Many people have used Novus without problems. In all of my research, I have never seen your product being used. That would worry me. I recommend using Novus.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

amazontank

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2010
Miami and San Diego
www.Facebook.com
Thanks guys so much for your advice. I went with the Novus 123.
Wow next time I hear the words "let me give you a great deal don't worry about those scratches you can buff them out"

hahaha that has to be one of the top 10 understatements in our hobby. Buffing out fish tanks is not an easy task, now I know why the pros charge so much.

Triathlete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2016
I completely agree. For my 140 gallon tank, it took me 20 hours of work, and $200 worth of electric polisher, sandpaper, novus, towels, etc etc and it still didn't look perfect. I should have spent the $250 to have it professionally done.

Triathlete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2016
Speaking of which, does anyone know someone who does acrylic buffing professionally in southern california area? I would love to get their info.

tooth517

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
Eaton Rapids , Michigan
Thanks guys so much for your advice. I went with the Novus 123.
Wow next time I hear the words "let me give you a great deal don't worry about those scratches you can buff them out"

hahaha that has to be one of the top 10 understatements in our hobby. Buffing out fish tanks is not an easy task, now I know why the pros charge so much.
I have a 160gal I got on a trade and need to buff some deep scratches. Where can I find this Novus product?

Triathlete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2016
Your local aquarium shop will have it.
I think I saw it at home depot too.
Also, search for Novus on the website for BulkReefSupply.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store