15" Umbee Sick Help!

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Use Metro in combination with Furan-2, you can keep the water salted with no contradiction. The temp must be brought to 75F to slow the bacteria. It may already be too late it is a quick killer. Do a very large water change before adding the meds. You can use cool water to get the temp a little lower to but don't over do it.

Kanamycin can also be used in conjuction with Furan-2/Metro if the fish doesn't respond to the initial treatment or in extreamly tough cases.

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
it thinks to late ... the other day when i realized something wrong with the fish i boosted temps up to 77f nd added salt but after i made this thread i turned off a heater n watercxhanged but everyday i look at my umbeee it gets way worse , this morning it looked bad n i just got home from work n it gotten way worst! his lips are fully extended n i can see why its called duck lips and it appears he cant open his lips , i think its to late to save him :// damnnn this sucks i had hiom for 2 years nd he finnaly was gettin n near to full size. ;/

CrazyLegz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bay Area,CA
Keep hope alive...it might be one of those things that gets worse before it gets better...ive never had an issues with duck lips but I have had issues to where I just knew my fish wasnt going to make it and they did...good luck

Sent from my SPH-L900 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CrazyLegz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bay Area,CA
Does anybody know if clout will cure duck lips??? It has worked wonders with my issues with internal parasites

Sent from my SPH-L900 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
As far as what medications work, those that have been found to be successful have already been listed.

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
it died lastnight when i got home ,,,, the discease spread fast

HighBackRTG

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
I had 2 Festae come down with this through stress of moving and then lip locking. I turned temperatures down to ~72 degrees F and medicated the tank with Furan 2 in combo with Metro for about a week with little result. The swelling got so bad in one of them that it looked a long balloon. In a last ditch effort, I netted them and used the sharp end of a metal pimple popper and poked a hole into the swollen mass. I squeezed out as much of the pus as I could and then applied hydrogen peroxide + A VERY SMALL amount of iodine via Q-tips. I did this everyday for about 4 more days. At this point the Festae that I thought had it better, passed away. Most of its face was discolored and look like it was being dissolved/eaten. The 2nd Festae that had it worse initially got better and eventually made it. I had pictures of the treatment logged day by day but lost them when I updated my Iphone to IOS 6.1.3, forgetting to choose the back up option. Dropping the temperature really helped drag it out but I don't know if what I did worked or if it was just a fluke.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store