What are you cooking today.

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Tostadas you can't ever go wrong with, chimichanga is good, and enchilladas are good. I usually look for those three first before anything else. If not most places serve your typical tacos/burritos or casadia's. If spicy is an option and you enjoy some heat always go spicy. If they do it right they will incorporate pepper seeds or a small amount of the pepper itself in a homemade sauce instead of using a premade hot sauce which you will notice instantly. If the heat isn't blended into the flavor of the dish they are using a hot sauce. I know a few Mexican restaurant's that tried to make something spicy by adding Franks red hot, not the same effect
Thanks. Lol... I love Frank's red hot sauce... Introduced to me by a real Mexican braddah. Makes me want some chorizo thinking about it. Hahaha!

Timpon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sydney
Went out chasing tuna, ended up with two but unfortunately they were of the wrong colour, got yellowfin instead of the bluefin we wanted. Still, breaking down the carcass, they looked so fresh and tasty I couldn't help but slice myself some...

20160718_115834.jpg 20160718_115908.jpg

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Went out chasing tuna, ended up with two but unfortunately they were of the wrong colour, got yellowfin instead of the bluefin we wanted. Still, breaking down the carcass, they looked so fresh and tasty I couldn't help but slice myself some...

View attachment 1194316 View attachment 1194317
Doesn't get any fresher than that.

Are you familiar with Hawaiian poke? If not, Google "Hawaiian poke recipe". That's what I would be doing with that bag of tuna ;)

Timpon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sydney
Doesn't get any fresher than that.

Are you familiar with Hawaiian poke? If not, Google "Hawaiian poke recipe". That's what I would be doing with that bag of tuna ;)
Yup, that's exactly what I'm doing next. A mate from the U.S. sent me a recipe that I want to try, might have to find substitutes for a couple of ingredients as they seem to be unavailable over here.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Cinnamon rolls here.image.png

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Went camping this weekend, and made omelet-in-a-bag. Crack eggs into a Ziploc bag; squish the eggs until they are scrambled; add whatever meat, veggies, spices you desire; securely seal Ziploc and boil for about 5minutes.20160723_094644.jpg
Best part......we made 9 different types of omelets all at once with just about 0 zero mess :)

Last edited:
Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Visiting the my old stomping grounds of queens,NY. Miss a few things. Don't get anything as good as this down there. Local pizzeria. image.jpeg

Reactions: xraycer

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
Took a trip to the big island for a few days and needed to get my sushi fix. The uni, Otoro, kampachi, and Kona abalone was too delicious. The lobster roll was awesome too. They didn't skimp on the lobster. Must of had a whole tail in there.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Reactions: kno4te
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store