MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Troy, Michigan USA

TroyMIfishkeeper

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2015
Troy, Michigan USA
I'm blown away that they're even legal, meanwhile they're talking about banning Wels catfish, which don't get as big and definitely won't eat you
Well, being from Michigan, the thought of a Wels getting loose here bothers me a lot more than a crocodile. The winters would easily kill a crocodile up north here, but I'd think a Wels wouldn't have much trouble surviving. And if they got loose in the Great Lakes? It would be a disaster.

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
ell, being from Michigan, the thought of a Wels getting loose here bothers me a lot more than a crocodile. The winters would easily kill a crocodile up north here, but I'd think a Wels wouldn't have much trouble surviving. And if they got loose in the Great Lakes? It would be a disaster.
I totally agree, climate would control a released croc but maybe not a Wels. But it is feasible to house a Wels - you just need a very big tank. Look at wednesday's setup and plans, he will house that fish for its entire life and it will be healthy. But a 10' crocodile? That requires much more than a big tank, plus at that size they are lethal, even if "domesticated." So with a Wels at least it's possible to avoid release into the wild. With a croc it seems almost certain it will be released into the wild or euthanized.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
cool guys, every time I see those type turtles I think they need to be circumcised. something about there neck/heads.

Reactions: Frank Castle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store