Current Growouts

DAF590

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
CACKALAKY(NORTH)
Picked up a festae last weekend to add to my 75 gallon. Finally was able to get a few good shots.
Also my Red devil/Middevil (whatever it is).

Any suggestions for the to bring out festae color, and growth are welcome.
THe Middevil seems to grow pretty fast. IMG_4824.JPG IMG_4823.JPG

IMG_4830.JPG

IMG_4828.JPG

Reactions: bbortko

DAF590

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
CACKALAKY(NORTH)
Picked up a festae last weekend to add to my 75 gallon. Finally was able to get a few good shots.
Also my Red devil/Middevil (whatever it is).

Any suggestions for the to bring out festae color, and growth are welcome.
The Middevil seems to grow pretty fast. View attachment 1163223 View attachment 1163225

View attachment 1163227

View attachment 1163228
Update on my current festae growout.
Festae is now alone in the 75 gallon(Midevil laid eggs and was passed on to a friends tank).
Its kind of weird with less activity in the tank.
It has seemed to grow kinda slow compared to other cichlids I have owned. Color has been rather light/pale lately as well. Still seems too early to tell if male or female, to my eye at least.
I will continue to post pics of the growth and maturation.

IMG_0399.PNG

IMG_0400.PNG

IMG_0401.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Update on my current festae growout.
Festae is now alone in the 75 gallon(Midevil laid eggs and was passed on to a friends tank).
Its kind of weird with less activity in the tank.
It has seemed to grow kinda slow compared to other cichlids I have owned. Color has been rather light/pale lately as well. Still seems too early to tell if male or female, to my eye at least.
I will continue to post pics of the growth and maturation.

View attachment 1182343

View attachment 1182344

View attachment 1182347
I been told festae are very slow growers

DAF590

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
CACKALAKY(NORTH)
Approaching 3 months since my last size check on the festae. Slow growing for sure but steady. As with the color coloration thats becoming more present. Noticeably bigger, but still small compared to the last set of fish I had. Still looking for others as the areas local shop don't seem to get them in often. Hoping that I can luck up with a pair and possibly sell festae to the local shops here in my area. I am thinking this one may be a female? I know its still small, but simply going off of the color its gaining. Any input appreciated.

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

Fluidsuit

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2016
Seattle
www.youtube.com
definitely slow growers, but worth the wait. I would characterize my female's resting color as cooling lava orange. In terms of bringing out some colors in her, you either want to find a male or another aggressive cichlid that can hold it's own. Maybe a GT, or JD. I have mine in for the time being with a JD, Parachomis F, Oscar, Severum.

Reactions: DAF590
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store