Platinum clown loach

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
I believe your loach has some kind of disease that causes the fish to lose pigmentation.... I recall reading up on it a number of years back... will try to find the link

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Interesting! I learned something new today! (Thanks Vince for the link)
Years ago, I got a gold fish that completely in jet black and after 2 years it's become albino and my family asked me what's happened to the fish but I have zero clue to answer their question LOL.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
This seemed convincing to me.

"One major cause for the glandular imbalance is osmotic shock. This happens when the water chemistry is altered too quickly for the fish to acclimate. Water chemistry changes can upset the melanin producing gland.

If I had to guess, probably when you moved, the water chemistry changed, and triggered this condition. Some clown loaches are more sensitive than others to water chemistry changes. "

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
you're actually kidding me...i've seen one or two of these before in the lfs in years past...if i'd known the value i'd definitely have bought and resold them

Steven Yee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2016
They do color enhancements in Asia, the black eyes makes me wonder if it's truly albino or color treated...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store