Wolf fish cohabitation?

Jrp0405

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 23, 2011
Mi
Quick update...
I ended up losing the smallest mala to the curu. The larger mala has gotten tagged a few times.

My flowerhorn has went batshit, and even started going after my bichirs with intent. I decided that they would be safer with the wolves. I'm watching now, and the pecking order is already shaping up. Eek.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Reactions: moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You should get dithers, put some medium sized cats otherwise the mala won't last.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
And here I was thinking about getting a rio tapajos curupira to the mix later on. Kind of wanted to swap out my Aimara so I can grow her out solo.

Reactions: moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
This is the rio tapajos curupira I was eyeing at. They want 225 usd for it.

View attachment 1195253

View attachment 1195254

View attachment 1195255
I mean go for it if you want, maybe you'll have better luck, I had my curupira with a mala for months, there was always aggression it didn't start to bad, but he ended up gettin ore aggressive, I ended up losing the mala, seems what happened to the op as well, and Wes said curupira's are the only wolves who give him a problem with other wolves. It's up to you whether it's worth the risk, if you can separate it in time after noticing a problem then I think you'll be good and should give it a try, also your wolves are larger, in my case and the op case the curu was larger, so maybe since yours are larger it'll give you better luck and they'll keep him in his place.

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Out of curiosity, are there any distinction between Curupira from Rio Tapajos compared to the normal ones?

Couldn't really tell from the pics except sleeker body shape?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store