Male or female peacock bass?

RobertD

Feeder Fish
Jun 20, 2016
Hey all peacock bass owners i have a picture of my peacock bass it a occelaris and ive read the thread on venting, if someone could identify this for me it would be greatimage.jpeg

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
female will look like oo instead of < o there are some threads on it here if you search venting or sexing .
i was in the same boat as you a while ago . i found taking a pic like you did and then looking at it on the comp was easier then trying to tell when looking at the fish its self .because i was able to blow up pic and see better .

edit sorry i see you did read the venting thread oh well anyway might be handy when you do look for one to have your camera ready to snap a pic then blow it up for a better look

Last edited:
Reactions: Dee eng

RobertD

Feeder Fish
Jun 20, 2016
female will look like oo instead of < o there are some threads on it here if you search venting or sexing .
i was in the same boat as you a while ago . i found taking a pic like you did and then looking at it on the comp was easier then trying to tell when looking at the fish its self .because i was able to blow up pic and see better .

edit sorry i see you did read the venting thread oh well anyway might be handy when you do look for one to have your camera ready to snap a pic then blow it up for a better look
Thanks so much

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
they dont have to be too big really , its just a matter of your eyes being able to see the differences i think lol .
with mine i could not really make it out as i was holding them for the pics i took . it wasnt untill i was able to load them on to my computer and then blow them up that i was able to really tell

Reactions: Sammmy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store