Atf Question

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
got an asian arowana and will probably have a ray eventually. and some tinfoil barbs as dithers
Aro might cause problems for your atf, but it's been done, you should be good, just have to try, depends on the aro and atf. 8x3 is good for any atf except Goliath as kno4te said.

Rghfor

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2015
Aro might cause problems for your atf, but it's been done, you should be good, just have to try, depends on the aro and atf. 8x3 is good for any atf except Goliath as kno4te said.
okay thanks for the information guys. im a fan of vittatus

Reactions: moe214

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
It's just hard to ID them at small sizes, if you can find one and are positive of ID go for it

Edit: on second thought, didn't vincentwugwg vincentwugwg have like an 18" one? In this case don't go for it
I saw that thread too. Probably the largest FAFT in the forum / captive.

Need an update from Vincent soon. :)

Reactions: moe214

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Haha everyone call out Vincent for an update when he's done lol. Asian arowanas are a hit and miss.. My gold one destroyed my current GATF when they were housed together and then I had to sell off the Arowana since they are much more common than a decent size gatf. My red aro was surprisingly timid but was an aggressive eater. Perhaps yours may have a mild personality and be tolerant of silvery tank mates .

Reactions: Red Aimara

Rghfor

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2015
Haha everyone call out Vincent for an update when he's done lol. Asian arowanas are a hit and miss.. My gold one destroyed my current GATF when they were housed together and then I had to sell off the Arowana since they are much more common than a decent size gatf. My red aro was surprisingly timid but was an aggressive eater. Perhaps yours may have a mild personality and be tolerant of silvery tank mates .
He is a bit aggressive . I would most likley grow out the atf before adding the Asian Arowana

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Gold (especially RTGs) Asian aros are known to be more aggressive than reds despite the size difference.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
I've also kept an RTG with the same gold before, actually got them together but that specific RTG was no match for the gold. It really depends on each individual personality.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store