Angel missing bottom lip.

Tayantz

Feeder Fish
Jul 27, 2016
Hi newbie here, I was hoping someone could help me out with a question. I woke a few mornings ago and noticed my blushing sunset Angel fishes bottom lip missing with a tear on one side of his face almost to his little side fins. I have noticed he has lost weight as I don't think he can eat. Is there anything I can do to help this little guy.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
I'm assuming the injury happened during a lip locking fight? Is there other angels in the tank with him? I need more info regarding tank mates because it seems as if the angel was attacked. Unfortunately you can't do too much for the fish now except put him in a quarantine tank by himself and try to nurse him back to health. Keep the water very clean and maybe add an antibiotic to speed up recovery time so the fish can start eating again. Good luck hope this helps

Tayantz

Feeder Fish
Jul 27, 2016
I'm assuming the injury happened during a lip locking fight? Is there other angels in the tank with him? I need more info regarding tank mates because it seems as if the angel was attacked. Unfortunately you can't do too much for the fish now except put him in a quarantine tank by himself and try to nurse him back to health. Keep the water very clean and maybe add an antibiotic to speed up recovery time so the fish can start eating again. Good luck hope this helps
Thank you for your advice. I was assuming it was caused by lip locking as my angels are a breeding pair. I with move him to the hospital tank I have noticed today that he is trying to eat but I'm not sure he can.

Tayantz

Feeder Fish
Jul 27, 2016
Hi again just one more question, how long do you guys think he can last without food ?

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Probably a week or so, maybe a little longer surprisingly they can last awhile without food. Try to keep feeding him though very small grain food. Have you tried giving him flake food mashed up. Most likely the angel will eat in dire need.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store