New guy from SoCal

HEX805

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2016
What's up guys and girls, I just wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a free diver/Spearfisherman from Southern California, I love everything that has to do with fish and the water. I get to come into contact with many marine animals, different types of fish and reef dwellers, and I get to experience and appreciate the Ocean as not a lot of people do. As a kid my brother left me his 125 fish tank, I kept a few different types of Cichlids, I was a kid so I wasn't too deep into the working aspects on how to properly maintain a fish tank or any of that, needless to say those fish lived for quite a few years, and this is how I got my feet wet and really liked keeping fish. The fish ended up dying so we sold the tank and I regretted getting rid of it. Fast forward about 8 years I got bit by the bug when my boss gave me a Green Spotted puffer, I immediately bought a 30 Gallon tank to keep him in, shortly after I bought a 55 Gallon to keep Silver Dollars, then a month later last Sunday to be exact I picked up a used 240 Gallon Acrylic to keep Arowana, Silver Dollars and Peacock bass, that's the plan at least. And so it began I'm picking up from where I left off 8 years ago and this time I plan to do it right . I will hopefully start a thread on the progress, I already sanded the tank down and gave it a good polish, next I will paint the stand, then get all my filtration going, finally add water and get the tank cycled. So if you wish to follow my thread please do. I hope to get to learn off of some of you experienced fish keepers on this site and communicate and maybe meet some of you.

Cheers! HEX

Here's a few pics of my 240 Gallon tank project and of my Passion

Last edited:
Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome to the forum.