Shipping vs Transporting???

Bigtdotcom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2009
Gold Coast
Im wondering what is best?
Im finally getting back in to the hobby and trying to work out the best way to get my clown loaches back? The loaches are about 900km away and wondering if its best to have them shipped to me on a 1.5 hour flight or drive them myself and that would take about 10 hours. Obviously shipping willl be much faster but if i drive them i can add some cycled media to help deal with an ammonia spike and an air stone to the container they will be in and i will be able to continually monitor them. CL's are about 6in, possible a bit bigger, these guys originally belonged to me and had to be rehomed when i shut down my tank 4.5 years ago so they are prob close to 7 years old. The CL were the only fish that the friend i gave all my fish to didnt kill which inc a 16in oscar, i thought these guys would have been the first to go. The last few years they have a much more responsible fish keeper friend has been taking care of them. Cant wait to get these guys back, just want to do whats best for the CL, would hate to loose them. Interested to see what you guys think.

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
How many clown loaches all together? IMO even you have proper equipment and air stone for them to transport but 10hrs is a hell of a drive. I properly packed 1.5 hrs is best for those loaches. 1.5 v.s 10hrs I'll take 1.5 any day. But that's just my 2cent

StIcKy~RiCe

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
May 24, 2005
~ Laos ~
Have your friend ship to you. Regardless how well you transport, 1.5hrs is better than 10hrs.

henria86

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
Big City...
this really depends on the shipping container try 2 per bag or 3 per bag and have a shop fill it with Pure O2 and shipping Meds

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store