Is this a tiger shovel nose?

Chillz23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2016
So it will turn grey from brown and stripy? Thanks guys! :) My other baby one that size was already grey!

Chillz23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2016
This is what I was expecting it to look like (or at least those colours), I know this is MUCH older so will it change?

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
yup, they'll lighten up as they get bigger. Here's mine when I first go thimIMG_0808.JPG

and now, about 3 months later. Not the best pic cuz he's in motion but you can tell he's lightening up a lot, especially on his lower half. In person it's much more apparent that his top half is sorta fading from greenish brown to silvery
IMG_1348.JPG

Reactions: wednesday13

Chillz23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2016
Ah that's great news! :) How much has he grown in 3 months? Mine doesn't seem to want to move or eat at the moment, he had a bit of swim when i first put him in but now he doesn't wanna move. Guessing he's stressed from transit? Or are they usually like this? lol

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Common-looking TSN baby.

It will change heavily from 3" to 6"-8" and the pattern will keep evolving strongly until 2' and still substantially after that throughout its life.

They are unfussy, usually. Frozen-thawed is almost never refused. He is most likely adjusting and will start eating soon, within a week if all is good.

They like cover until a bit larger but usually stop hiding after they reach 8"+, if no bullying, right lighting, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store