What is wrong with this fish I just received...!?!?!

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Just go grab a cheap 10gal tank and a sponge filter. Put him in there and do daily water changes while treating him and see if he improves.

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
+1 you can get a 10 gal for $15, use this video to make a simple filter for next to nothing, seed the filter with filter floss or media from another established filter.

I recommend the third filter shown in the video. I've built these for like $5 in 15 minutes

Chillz23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2016
Guys thanks for the advice but it's not the cost that's the issue, it's the fact that I can't go anywhere due to an injury. I've put him in the tank in a fry trap, if everything dies, then everything dies.

I'll keep you posted!

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
It might be some kind of internal bacterial infection. This is an example of the importance of quarantining new fish. I learned the hard way after introducing some Congo tetras that had columnaris into one of my main tanks and wiped out a few fish. After that I've always qted new fish. Hope the little guy makes it. Good luck!

Reactions: dogofwar

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
sorry it looks like they sent you a sick fish. I can't imagine it was healthy going into the bag. I would pick up a 10 gallon as a qt tank

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
That's why I don't order fish online anymore after a bad experienced, most seller post/list their selling stock online store with HQ image (probably not even their own stock), and once you got your live stock its look like garbage...Anyway, I hope your fish make it. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store