The Most EVIL CICHLID on the Planet.....

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Damage done to my big male Istlanum by the Alpha male Neet (Mr Evil)

View attachment 1195561
Dang your letting your istlanum take damage like that on a regular basis? He already has scars all over his nuchal hump. Neets are your thing obviously, I would value my istlanum over a big male neet...but thats me

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Yeah it look like the Neet really punished him, I am now afraid for my other cichlids that I have in the tank with my Neets, I will have to keep an eye on them...:(

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Yeah it look like the Neet really punished him, I am now afraid for my other cichlids that I have in the tank with my Neets, I will have to keep an eye on them...:(
Your good if you house everything properly. Space is the main thing.

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
If you house them the right way you won't have any issues. They're cichlids...no more and no less aggressive than a common convict in a similar situation. Why anyone would let one of their pet fish get the crap kicked out of them and think its sport or some badge of honor is beyond me.

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
I'm keeping an eye on things.... I may rehouse the Neets soon as they're proving to be a real handful. The Big male Istlanum seems to enjoy sparring despite taking some damage... These are the "Pitbulls" of the cichlid world.

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
I'm keeping an eye on things.... I may rehouse the Neets soon as they're proving to be a real handful. The Big male Istlanum seems to enjoy sparring despite taking some damage... These are the "Pitbulls" of the cichlid world.

The Istlanum enjoys sparring? Can you see him smiling? LOL Good luck with your Neets. Remember that one man's pitbull is another man's poodle.

Reactions: JoeBoxer

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
The Istlanum enjoys sparring? Can you see him smiling? LOL Good luck with your Neets. Remember that one man's pitbull is another man's poodle.
What I mean by he enjoys sparring is he likes going back for more and won't let up despite taking quite a bit of damage.. I think now its mutual respect for eachother that's preventing either of them doing even more damage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store