The Most EVIL CICHLID on the Planet.....

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Oh and incase anyone IS wondering why I posted this thread... I was trying to introduced a few members to this often overlooked species and share a few experiences... Not to get attacked BUT HEY... this is what usually happens on an open forum with members from all walks of lifes. You can almost bet ur house on it that there'll be some sort of disruptive forces that want to start an argument.

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
Well lets see the videos showing large adult 7" Male Neets in breeding mode getting gobbled up by 20" Dovii? That was the argument put to me and I'd like to see the proof ;)
It's a fact. You can see the video clip in a DVD titled the crater Lake's of Nicaragua. The video was shot by a gentleman named Williem Heijns. You can also look online for information to this effect. You obviously want to remain argumentative to the facts. The really interesting part isn't that the Dovii eat the Neets. It's that the Nics...same size as Neets...help rear the Dovii fry, often times pushing around the adult Dovii parent.

Last edited:
Reactions: justarn

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
It's a fact. You can see the video clip in a DVD titled the crater Lake's of Nicaragua. The video was shot by a gentleman named Williem Heijns. You can also look online for information to this effect. You obviously want to remain argumentative to the facts. The really interesting part isn't that the Dovii eat the Neets. It's that the Nics...same size as Neets...help rear the Dovii fry, often times pushing around the adult Dovii parent.

Nope I just want Proof... I've seen a video of Williems showing Nics helping raise Dovii fry, which is nice to see. That IS something I've read about many years ago. Are there any vids showing 7" Neets getting eatten by Dovii?

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Argumentative, aren't you?.... trying to twist what I've been saying and gaining one-upmanship on a fellow member SOMES YOU UP MATE!!! Oh let me guess... you're now gonna reply with an essay trying to put me down some more?

If i want to show off my cool Neets then don't insult me and call it Bragging coz if you look at it that way 90% of threads on here are people bragging about their fish!
Lets take a deep breath and relax. I thought we were discussing not arguing. I'm not putting you down in the least. I've complimented your fish numerous times (in other threads as well) and I think I've conducted myself in an adult manner. Its just a little constructive criticism.

I don't know you so I can only go off what I read and thats just my opinion from what I've read on this particular thread. I'm not painting the picture I'm simply interpreting the art...now your dovii and neet statement can be disapproved with a google search.

Your neets a beast and you have a nice pair of istlanum. Good luck with the both of them.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE

Check those out then compare to a 7" fish and come to logical conclusion of what would happen in the wild lol. I don't want to start anything, but common sense has to kick in looking at that then reading research.

Aquamojo

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2003
NE Pennsylvania
www.aquamojo.com
Nope I just want Proof... I've seen a video of Williems showing Nics helping raise Dovii fry, which is nice to see. That IS something I've read about many years ago. Are there any vids showing 7" Neets getting eatten by Dovii?
LOL. Believe what you want.

JoeBoxer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2012
Canada
HANG ON A MINUTE!!!... which Primordial soup did you spring from?

I never posted all these "Fight videos" as you put it....other members did that and I answered a question with a video I found on youtube.... Deeeeerrr

Was I looking for advice? Nope not me. Just having a bit of fun showing a cool unusually large male NEET, which is my right and its not intended as bragging - only brain-deads would think that.

And if anyone is wondering why I get annoyed - I hate to be misquoted and painted as something I'm not!
LOL you bolded AND enlarged the text...you mean business...this is usually the point in internet arguing that I will bow out...no more time will be wasted on this thread. Enjoy your fish!

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
Here's some very interesting close-up pics by Francisco Ortiz showing the Neets unusual teeth.

H-1.nematopus dentition 3.jpg H.nematopus dentition 4.jpg H.nematopus dentition 2.jpg

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
They remind of those little creatures on don't be afraid of the dark with Katie Holmes. It's definitely an interesting looking cichlid

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Wow!! those teeth look very intimidating, look like they will hurt, I don't see that in most cichlids... I just had a male and female Red Jewel that had fry just yesterday in a 120 gallon tank, I was thinking before they had fry to add one of the neets that I have in the 360 gallon tank with them (before they had the fry), I am glad I didn't do that... Because the 120 gallon is smaller than the 360...

I wasn't really trying to breed Red Jewels, because they are currently in the 120 with a male and female Nicaraguense, male and female Geophagus brasiliensis, and a male and female Tahuantinsoyoa Macanzatza.

Those teeth that the neet has look scary for a cichlid of that size...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store