Wet spot's Polypterus cf. lapradei "Koliba"

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I am 99% sure all of those r cb Nigerians not kolibas they just use that name
F1 koliba from wild caught parents extremely rare. Not sure what the secret recipe for this cf. Is. Some do look nice as juveniles. I'd like to see these as adults. Especially, the light brown variety.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
What happened to the color? The ones you posted a while back were a light brown base. It's now a gray/silver base

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I honestly don't like these CB Koliba. May just be me, but they are nothing compared to the WC ones. The juveniles appear nice as they are young with distinct patterns, but they never develop into the same quality patterns as WC koliba. To me they even get worse as they mature as their patterns begin to become disarrayed and disoriented. The first one that I've seen hace any good patterns as it matured was the one Vancouver posted, and even then I'd much rather prefer WC. Just my 2 cents tho

Askaleymanfish

Aimara
MFK Member
May 15, 2014
Danville Virginia
I honestly don't like these CB Koliba. May just be me, but they are nothing compared to the WC ones. The juveniles appear nice as they are young with distinct patterns, but they never develop into the same quality patterns as WC koliba. To me they even get worse as they mature as their patterns begin to become disarrayed and disoriented. The first one that I've seen hace any good patterns as it matured was the one Vancouver posted, and even then I'd much rather prefer WC. Just my 2 cents tho
Boom the good doc said it it all

Reactions: Vancouver_98683

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I also like the WC koliba better, i just got this one to see the differnce from CB laps to a WC laps want it grows up.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Jusy curious. What are the smallest wild caught koliba available and price ranges? I've only seen them priced at larger sizes 15"+

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store