Check out my new weird colored Red Devil

Tyler_Wentworth_150

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2015
Humboldt county
Could be stressed or something. I've witnessed some pretty amazing color changes in my own personal amphilophus. Tough thing here being the RAMPANT cross and inbreeding in our hobby. What you're seeing could be any number of different things there.

Chiapet29

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
long island, ny
He will definitely fade a few more times before he reaches adulthood, just keep him on a healthy diet, I feed mine freeze dried krill & sprulina pellets as a staple, with weekly water changes & minimum strees from tank mates he will grow into a beast, g/l, keep ud posted!

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
It will not keep the black. Those are condense residual dark pigments still yet to fade. When the fish is still young and still have some in them underneath, when cold or stressed, they will show on the fish. But eventually there will be nothing left, especially this OP fish because he's so small and almost done fading.

After faded to The orange to yellow. That is still darker tone than white. Some can keep on fading to the next level from yellow until white, some slw down or stop in the middle so you have pied/creamsicle monster Amphs.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
I'm surprised you guys are confused about this. Very much. Thought you all knew..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store