Check These Guys Out

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Here there is also only 1 store that i've seen stock them in recent years after another LFS i know of closed down...

They are rarely seem for sale here, but when they are, they are quite cheap... Most likely coz no one other than a few serious keepers can keep them alive and well in this town...

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
They seem to be seasonal here. I go for long periods of time without seeing them at all and then there are a few times throughout the year that they seem to get new shipments a few weeks in a row. The sell like crazy here too. Unfortunately, this LFS is the type to not care about the fish's well being as long as they are making a sale. I doubt they would stop someone from buying a 18" eel to put in their 55gal tank with no plans to upgrade it.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Over here stores i guess just dont really like ordering these types of fish, since they know it can take a while for them to sell them all, so they tend to go more for bread and butter fish...

Even stores that tend to focus more on odd / rarer fish go for more exotic, expensive fish so they can make more money with fewer sales...

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I saw a mountain eel (looked similar apart from in colour ) about 3" at 60 Rand so around 4 USD.

Those fish are sounding expensive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store