New Flowerhorn!

richard yung

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2015
Update on my FH. Its been several weeks since I got this guy. Grew about 1.5-2 Inches and his appetite is amazing. Only eating Grand Sumo Red pellets and occasionally a mature meal worm and market shrimp.

13090696_10209185190900908_68778946_o.jpg

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Is he fading? Lost scales on his tummy are?

Very nice fish good progression. What I noticed is within a year they can change drastically with color and kok size. I've sold some mediocre Flowerhorn who became real masterpieces later on.

richard yung

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2015
Is he fading? Lost scales on his tummy are?

Very nice fish good progression. What I noticed is within a year they can change drastically with color and kok size. I've sold some mediocre Flowerhorn who became real masterpieces later on.
Hi !
THanks for the reply.

As for the fading, he's not necesarily fading. His color is steadily remaining the same. The only thing I have noticed is that his scales are missing sometimes but I have no idea what he does throughout the day that causes this. I only get 1 hour each day to monitor and observe him. By and large, I think he's doing pretty well! Extremely good eater. Hopefully his Kok gets bigger within the next year.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Hi !
THanks for the reply.

As for the fading, he's not necesarily fading. His color is steadily remaining the same. The only thing I have noticed is that his scales are missing sometimes but I have no idea what he does throughout the day that causes this. I only get 1 hour each day to monitor and observe him. By and large, I think he's doing pretty well! Extremely good eater. Hopefully his Kok gets bigger within the next year.
Yeah hard to know what it is really. I like the pearls on this guy and I like the size of his hump! Maybe a tad bit bigger but overall fish looks stunning. How big of a tank is he in?

richard yung

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2015
Yeah hard to know what it is really. I like the pearls on this guy and I like the size of his hump! Maybe a tad bit bigger but overall fish looks stunning. How big of a tank is he in?
Hi again!
As always, thanks for the reply.

Yeah my theory was he accidentally swam to fast against the filter intake and scratched his scale off. But lately, I've noticed hes been fighting with his own reflection and he'll slam his body against the glass.

His hump has gotten bigger for sure, and hopefully it keeps growing. He is in a 55G with 2 Aquaclear 110's running. Doing 30-40% water changes every 10-12 days.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Hi again!
As always, thanks for the reply.

Yeah my theory was he accidentally swam to fast against the filter intake and scratched his scale off. But lately, I've noticed hes been fighting with his own reflection and he'll slam his body against the glass.

His hump has gotten bigger for sure, and hopefully it keeps growing. He is in a 55G with 2 Aquaclear 110's running. Doing 30-40% water changes every 10-12 days.
Hello!

Yes you're a good fish keeper. My Midas as a bastard he keeps hurting himself from his own reflection lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store