Payara ID

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Definitely not a Scomb as Scombs have a dot behind the gill plate instead of the slash the fish pictured has. Body is on the slender side and I don't see the Armatus white outlined tail fin so I'm think Tat.
+1

Reactions: koltsixx

lizerdking

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2014
west coast
Wow didnt think it was a tat. Always thought they had red tails. This guy has a tint of yellow to him. Also they just got him in on Thursday so maybe he's still a bit stressed from shipping.

So hes about 8 inches and they want $100 for him. I usually see armatus and a scombs in my area but now thinking if picking this dude up.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
What makes you say this? The adipose is whats really making me say tat, it's different.
It's definitely one of the features that I saw as well but neglected to mention. Thanks for adding some more proof for the case of this guy being a Tat.

reefman reefman Here's a fish you correctly identified in the past as an Armatus and this guy was only 4 inches yet he had all the Arm features already. White outlined caudal, larger teeth, more robust body, bigger fins in relation to body then a Tat and of course the dark colored adipose fin. I hope when you compare this other fish you called an Armatus with this fish you can see why myself and Moe believe this guy is a tat.

Reactions: moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Eyes look mostly black aswell typical of a tat

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
I can see where you could say it's a tatt. See in a week how it looks it might look different when it settles. I said army cuz the way it's sitting. It seems to be sitting flat than on a angle.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I'd say it's on an angle if compared to the 4" armatus posted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store