Cichlids compatibility with polys

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
As much as I like my polys, I still want upper movement in the tank. A lot of cichlids out there completely ignore bichir but you never know, you may get that one odd ball the is super territorial and hurt a poly. Pretty safe bet with bocourti and pearsei, though I saw a pretty big jag and ornate sharing a tank before with no issues.
I totally agree. I tend to be drawn to bottom dwellers so all my tanks end up at capacity on the lower levels and I'm left trying to fill the top of the tank with compatible fish. And a lot of bottom dwellers are fairly lazy, at least during the day, so the middle and top dwellers add some color and movement. I'm currently still adding to my Poly tank, but really like those pearsei, will probably consider them down the road.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I totally agree. I tend to be drawn to bottom dwellers so all my tanks end up at capacity on the lower levels and I'm left trying to fill the top of the tank with compatible fish. And a lot of bottom dwellers are fairly lazy, at least during the day, so the middle and top dwellers add some color and movement. I'm currently still adding to my Poly tank, but really like those pearsei, will probably consider them down the road.

Hhahaha pearsei are literally like dogs !!! He drives me absolutely nuts though....spiteful like a bad puppy

015660e9-0bee-4fde-ac9e-bac513351fe2_zpsnrgbatlc.jpg 8da5bb7e-0e06-4251-bc1d-400b06c1e843_zpsjzlrogyg.jpg

Older pics

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
I've mixed a lot of cichlids with polys but only my GT and my mayan cichlid gave em trouble.

For the most part it's a safe mix, but you will eventually find an individual that gets too rowdy.

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
Hhahaha pearsei are literally like dogs !!! He drives me absolutely nuts though....spiteful like a bad puppy
haha that much personality in a fish is always welcome in my tanks, even if it's a s****y personality, as long as he's not hurting other fish too badly

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store