Taking a gamble - Hoping these are H. Brevis ATF.

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Nice work red, I think those are indeed actually brevis. Your logic in reasoning is sound and is exactly how I would have approached it. I can't wait until I get my hands on all the ATF species as well. Hope they grow fast so you could do the ultimate ATF comm next year! ;)
Thanks man. Fingers crossed too. Will probably know for sure once they hit another 2 or 3 inches in size.

From there it will be another arduous task finding the final piece of TATF. :)

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
You'll probably be the first on MFK to accomplish the feat. Lol I think your ATF will quickly catch up to mine in size as you have a lot more width and footprint for them to grow until I set up the new tank :p

Reactions: Red Aimara

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Actually I believed there are one or two members here who already had done that - after reading thru so many old threads on ATFs ID. LOL!

They might not kept in a single comm tank but I am pretty sure someone had all of the five species at one time in this forum. :)

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Also calling out to any experienced ATF keepers to voice their thoughts on this. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

As the fishes are still at the LFS, I can switch them to store credit if they are conclusively found to be something else other than Brevis or Tanzie. :)

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I thought Rob *Chixulub) had kept all the species......

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
I thought Rob *Chixulub) had kept all the species......
I believe he did and at least another experienced keeper with the nick "Ridah". :)

Hoping Chicxulub Chicxulub will come in and share his thoughts on these juveniles as well. He has been pretty quiet lately. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store