Dont trust Gus

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Just move Gus to the time out tub
LOL

Oh yeah all species have personalities just ask members who keep cichlids lol.:)
All of my cichlids, and even my two Bala sharks follow me around around the tank and I get the "wiggles" from the Firemouths and Angels. When I take out the Hikari Gold... The Firemouths start to wiggle so much, the first time I saw them do it I was afraid they were having seizures (I didn't think it was possible, but then I saw them spaz out over food lol). The Firemouths also swim in 6" circles when they see the food bag. My favorite thing to do is drag the food bag across the front of the tank, and I'll see a group of 7-10 fish following the bag. Even the Angels follow the bag, and they can't eat the pellets, they just end up spitting them out. Although that doesn't stop them from trying.

Reactions: Unamed

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
LOL

All of my cichlids, and even my two Bala sharks follow me around around the tank and I get the "wiggles" from the Firemouths and Angels. When I take out the Hikari Gold... The Firemouths start to wiggle so much, the first time I saw them do it I was afraid they were having seizures (I didn't think it was possible, but then I saw them spaz out over food lol). The Firemouths also swim in 6" circles when they see the food bag. My favorite thing to do is drag the food bag across the front of the tank, and I'll see a group of 7-10 fish following the bag. Even the Angels follow the bag, and they can't eat the pellets, they just end up spitting them out. Although that doesn't stop them from trying.
lol

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
I really enjoyed reading your post. Gus sounds like quite the character. It made me smile thinking of a 90 pound cowardly German Shepard slinking by the tank trying not to make eye contact with the evil Gus. Lol

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Lol bada$$ aro one of my bluegill wiggled whenever he saw people he just would not stop until he couldn't see anyone he also liked to be petted and jump thru hoops

LizardQueen

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 19, 2016
Tucson
Lol bada$$ aro one of my bluegill wiggled whenever he saw people he just would not stop until he couldn't see anyone he also liked to be petted and jump thru hoops
I have found that if i stick my hand in the tank to adjust plants he now eagerly swims against my fingers and wriggles all about as if trying to scratch or rub. Wondering if i should be concerned about it or if its just excited behavior

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have found that if i stick my hand in the tank to adjust plants he now eagerly swims against my fingers and wriggles all about as if trying to scratch or rub. Wondering if i should be concerned about it or if its just excited behavior
Probably exited. I got my african knifefish to practically be hand fed. Maybe just dont hand feed an aro as your child found out lol

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Wiggling by your hand is likely excitement, he likely thinks he's about to be fed or he wants petting

LizardQueen

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 19, 2016
Tucson
Wiggling by your hand is likely excitement, he likely thinks he's about to be fed or he wants petting
i didnt think fish liked to be pet until I met Gus cause we have this childrens tooth brush i ran on cement a while to soften and flatten the bristles and when i put it in the tank he scratches himself seemingly enjoying it? If fish can enjoy such things. THOUGH it makes me wonder if he has a skin issue if he is itching.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
i didnt think fish liked to be pet until I met Gus cause we have this childrens tooth brush i ran on cement a while to soften and flatten the bristles and when i put it in the tank he scratches himself seemingly enjoying it? If fish can enjoy such things. THOUGH it makes me wonder if he has a skin issue if he is itching.
that is interesting. my african knives pretty much eat bloodworm from my hands even though they are deathly timid. fish are wierd creatures.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store