First Wet/Dry Sump on a 75 Gal NA Tank

taggart.josh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2016
Metro Detroit Michigan
I am currently working on a design for my first wet/dry that will be run under my 75 gal brook tank. I intend to run 2 brook trout until they get to big for the tank. I have a mag 7 for now but will upgrade to a mag 12 in a year or so. I have a 20 double tall (think 2 10 gal stacked), I am thinking of an egg crate support holding the mechanical with a basket of bio-filtration below for the first chamber, the second chamber will be a couple air wands and chemical filtration as need and finally the third chamber will be the return pump. I am hoping to run approximately 500 gph initially and push that over 1000 gph with the new pump. what do you guys think? Am I overlooking anything?

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Nothing sounds obviously unreasonably. What's driving the need to want a turnover rate of over 10x in the future? I'm assuming that's the actual you want and not pump spec? In spec, dont forget head pressure loss.

taggart.josh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2016
Metro Detroit Michigan
The turn over is due to having trout, in addition if they are constantly swimming they should grow slower allowing me to keep them in this tank a little longer and I have also read it can less aggression between them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store